Need to convert a pdf file into a word document? Learn how to do the pdf to word conversion step-by-step through our simple process for Mac and Windows.
How to Convert PDF to Word (Windows and Mac)
This method to convert pdf to word is suitable for both softwares, Windows and Mac, that should be installed on your computer or laptop. The additional software that we will be using is Adobe Acrobat which you should also have installed, if not you will need to install it.
- Open Adobe Acrobat, click File in the top, left corner and then Open to select the PDF you want to convert.
- With the PDF file opened, click on the File tab again and this time go to Save As (Other) or Export, choosing Microsoft Word Document as the format.
- Let the file convert.
- Open up the new document in the location you saved it to make sure the conversion has worked.
Alternative Method to Convert PDF to Word
The following method is suitable for any software running on your device and can be done easily if you know what you are doing.
- Find a free online converter for pdf to word.
- Upload the file that needs to be changed onto the website, usually through a button labelled as Choose File.
- Select your file and the conversion option, in this case it would be Word Document.
- Click Convert and wait for the file to finish converting.
- You may have to select the location to save the document, enter your email to be sent the document, or open the document in your Downloads and move it.