Need to convert a Word file that is not compatible with older versions of Word? Learn how to do it here! Only a few necessary steps that will take no time.
How to Convert .docx into .doc? (Windows and Mac)
Both these types of files are Word documents, but the .docx can only be read by Windows 7 and newer. All Word series are able to read the .doc document, so if you have an older version of Word it will be useful to know how to convert docx to doc.
- Open up your word document saved as .docx
- Go to File > Save As.
- Choose the option that says Word 97 – 2003 and select the location you would like to save the document in.
- Depending on the version of Mac you have, you may need to download an Open XML Converter tool, usually free.
Alternative Method to Convert Docx to Doc
If you are facing problems changing .docx into .doc then it might be useful to have a browse on the internet for a free converter tool, either that converts word documents online or with a programme.
- Browse online for a free converter tool, website or programme to download.
- You will need to upload the .docx file you want to convert.
- Click “convert” and save your new .doc file.